LOCKYER VALLEY REGION
With a population of around 35,000 and an estimated 3100 businesses, the Lockyer Valley is a vibrant region.
The region has a wide range of diverse businesses, with our greatest asset being agriculture, farming and rural production.
The Lockyer Valley’s main township is Gatton but has many smaller townships within easy reach. Not all towns in this region have accommodation or shops and there can be great distances between accommodation and your place of work.
The Lockyer Valley is central to many of South East Queensland’s tourist destinations, making it an ideal place to live, visit, and work with many great options for day trips and weekends away during your time off work.
Visit the links below to see more details about tourism and the wider economic profile of the Lockyer Valley.
- 1.5-hour drive from Brisbane airport
- 2-hour drive from the Gold Coast
- 2.5-hour drive from the Sunshine Coast
- A 45-minute drive from Toowoomba / 1.5 hours from Toowoomba Wellcamp airport
- 2-hour drive to Stanthorpe